Saturday, January 15, 2011

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater, Book Review

Rating: 4/5

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

I thought Linger by Maggie Stiefvater was okay. Not good, not bad...just okay. Linger seemed sort of slow paced to me and I didn't like how Maggie included a new character's point of view. When I read, I like to read from one PoV and one PoV only. The main protagonist, Grace Brisbane, was hardly featured throughout the novel (or so I thought.) Grace, being my favorite character, was dearly missed.

I also think that Linger could've been WAY better, if only Maggie had made an adjustment here, an adjustment there. It was all subjective, but the best way to put it is like this: Linger is okay. If you want to buy it go ahead. If I'd known what the content was going to be like, I would've just borrowed from a friend.

On the other hand, I LOVED Shiver, the prequel, but I guess I set my hopes WAY too high for Linger. I'm expecting the third and final installment, Forever, to focus more on Grace because a litte thing that happened in Linger practically wrote the plotline of Forever.

P.S. I liked the green font. :)

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment