Sunday, April 22, 2012

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Fallon, Book Review

Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.
Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 342
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Source: Won
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5/5
Leigh Fallon introduces a new and exciting world to the shelves of YA paranormal romance. After moving to Ireland from America, sixteen-year-old Megan discovers her true destiny and powerful lineage while being faced with tough choices about which path in her life to take.
I really enjoyed Carrier of the Mark. I loved how the book was set in Ireland instead of America (seeing as how I live in America and read books set in the U.S.A. all the time!) I enjoyed learning more about the U.K. I also enjoyed reading about the ancient history of the druids and the elements (earth, air, fire, water, and spirit.) As a practicing Wiccan, I found the pagan-based principles to be interesting and enjoyed seeing how Fallon adapted those concepts into her own unique mesh of spirituality. I loved all of the characters; a few of my favorites were Megan, Adam, Aine (pronounced Awn-ya), Rian, Catelin, and Finn.
I highly recommend Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon, and cannot wait for the two proceeding sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment