Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sweep: Volume 3 (Sweep, #7-9) by Cate Tiernan, Book Review

Morgan Rowlands holds profound magickal power. . . a power that some will stop at nothing to obtain. Though she knows she has much still to learn, magick has brought her more than she could ever have imagined: the love of her soul mate. Yet her dreams uncover something else - a dark force threatening her entire world. As the darkness closes in, Morgan realizes that she must make a choice - light or dark; hatred or love. Is she strong enough to make the sacrifice and discover her true nature, or will the darkness consume all she holds dear?
Title: Sweep: Volume 3
Author: Cate Tiernan
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 592
Release Date: February 3, 2011
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5/5
The discovery that she is a descendant of a long and powerful line of witches, finds Morgan Rowland battling the forces of dark and sinister magick.
Sweep: Volume 3 picks up where Sweep: Volume 2 left off. In Volume 2, Morgan and Hunter fought against Cal, Selene, and their evil corrupted ways, leaving them both dead. Now, sometime after, Morgan, Hunter, Bree, Robbie, Raven, and Skye head to New York City in search of answers to a string of bizarre recurring prophetic visions that come to Morgan in her nightmares.
While in New York and Hunter, Morgan's Seeker boyfriend, is pounding the pavement in hopes that he can find a secret coven of witches practicing the forbidden dark magick of shape-shifting. With Hunter distracted by his duties to the International Council of Witches, Morgan sees this as the perfect opportunity to do some sleuthing of her own. After meeting dead end after dead end, Morgan searches for answers about artifacts from Maeve's (her late mother) tragic and mysterious past.
I'm going to stop there, because I don't want to give too much away. Let me just say this: Sweep is my favorite book series, and Cate Tiernan is my favorite author. I think that the Sweep series is under-rated and not given the appropriate love and attention that it deserves. I wish desperately that the author had written more than fifteen books because they are so amazing and once I finish volume 5, I have no idea what I am going to do with myself! I have the Balefire bind-up of all four books in the Balefire series, and am going to buy the entire Immortal Beloved trilogy when the third book is released, so I suppose I have those to hold on to, but my life just simply will not be the same without Sweep.
I highly, highly, highly recommend Sweep to anyone and everyone. Even if you don't like paranomal romance, I recommend that you read this book just because it's amazing. I am left completely and utterly speechless with tears streaming down my face at the end of almost every book because I know I'm a little bit closer to the end, and that is a very sad and depressing future to think about.
-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment