Friday, June 1, 2012

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick, Book Review


The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


Title: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 438
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Source: Publisher
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

The third book in the Hush, Hush saga picks up three months after the second book, Crescendo, left off, with Nora waking up confused and disoriented in a cemetery with her memory of the past few months wiped clean.  Throughout the course of the novel, Nora must not only piece back together the remnants of her life, but put her sleuthing skills to use and investigate who kidnapped her--and why.

I really enjoyed the suspense, action, adventure, and romance in Silence.  I didn't really like Nora as a character because she complained a lot throughout the book and treated her "best friend" badly, and that really turned me off from her as a character.  I loved Patch, Nora's fallen angel boyfriend, and Vee, Nora's best friend--she was totally hilarious and sweet, and made me wish she was real so we could go shopping, eat doughnuts, and drink coffee at Enzo's (Silence book reference).  And strangely enough, I kind of liked Marcie Millar, Nora's arch-enemy, in this book--Nora was being really annoying and whiny, and Marcie was more than ready to put Nora and her attitude in place, and I really like that aspect of Marcie.

I definitely recommend this book because of the action, adventure, and romance--and oh my god, what a cliffhanger!  I'm definitely keeping my eyes on the shelves for the fourth and final book in the series.

Buy the book:
Barnes & Noble
Books-a-Million
Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment