Sunday, February 27, 2011

Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray, Book Review



Rating: 4/5

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

Hey, y'all! Today, I will be reviewing Claudia Gray's first novel, Evernight, the first book in the Evernight series. I read this book quite a long time ago, but am going to review it now. I chose to rate this book 4 stars out of 5, meaning that it was okay. I enjoyed some parts and didn't enjoy some parts. I often found myself flipping through pages to see how many more pages I had until the end of the chapter. Claudia Gray has a good, creative mind and I love the characters but something was missing, but I have no idea what it was. Evernight was a good book, but I don't think I'd re-read it again. I do, however, want to read the sequels: Stargazer, Hourglass, and Afterlife. I heard Stargazer and Hourglass are quote "amazing," so maybe they'll be better than Evernight.

If you would like more information on the Evernight series or the author, Claudia Gray, visit her website at: http://www.claudiagray.com

P.S. I am currently reading Nightshade by Andrea Cremer, so be on the watch for that. I don't know when I will be able to post a review but when I do, it'll be a good one. The reason I don't know when a review will be up is because school is so hectic and tomorrow (well, today since it's 12:09, but that's trivial...) is Monday, so the week begins. Ugh, why couldn't we all just stay at home and read all day?

Happy reading,
Casey :) xD <3

No comments:

Post a Comment